18 January 2007

"Arms of A Woman

So last night, I'm watching a very crappy episode of American Idol. I'm a big fan of the show---mostly because there's singing, and I'm a sucker for a melody. They were in Seattle, and if you missed it, or Tivo'd it, I'm of the opinion that you could skip it, without having missed anything important. Except for ONE MOMENT.

There was this ... guy.

He had the usual sob story that gets you a few minutes of television time. I don't remember his name, and have no desire to look it up, because it won't matter to me unless he makes the final 10. What IS important was that when his moment came, he sang a few bars of a song that stopped me dead in my tracks!

I'd never heard it, but I of course had to go download it, and listen to the whole thing.

And it's been stuck in my head all day. I'm sure it's famous, and I'm out of the loop ... but I've never heard it before. And since I know EVERYBODY watches AI, I know you saw it too.

The Song is called "Arms of a Woman," the artist is Amos Lee, who I'm not familiar with yet, but I'll be an expert on by this time next week. And the song is just ... well, hit play.







Did it move you like it moved me?

Peace,
--Stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stew's Number