31 December 2006

2007 Wishes


With a ball drop and a wake up, we get a new year. And here is what I wish for you, my friends and foes – as it dawns.

I wish you to never forget what the last year became, as you shape what the new one becomes.


I wish you finding ALL the happy roads that you have enough emotional fuel to travel.

I wish you unbridled joy in precisely the right proportion to make your unmitigated sorrows worthwhile.

I wish you peace.

I wish you orgasm, to give AND receive.

I wish you good movies, fantastic books, and music that moves you.

I wish you satisfaction with your parents—in deed or memory, whichever fits. I wish you contentment with your spouses and significant others, even the ones with a proclivity for fucking up. I wish you longsuffering, patience, and boundless pride with your offspring.

I wish you friends that turn your 3-D existence into a celestial experience. Friends that make you laugh, and shed tears with you. Friends who would take a bullet or pull a trigger for you, but who are wise enough to keep you out of a situation that puts you on either end--Friends who know when to comfort you with words, and when to shut the fuck up.

I wish you a powerful connection with the forces of the universe that are bigger than you. I wish you the influence to command them at your whim, through prayer or meditation or sweet-talking, whichever works best for you.

I wish you love.

I wish you a strong personal economy, a vocation that makes you want to jump out of bed every morning, and a view of the future that makes you giggle just a little bit.

I wish you invisible eyes in the back of your head that blink to life whenever you might be in danger.

I wish you a mentor that can offer you sound advice based on relevant experience.

I wish you wisdom in the coming year, and the superpower of avoidance. I wish you to use it liberally, so you can avoid repeating all of the mistakes you made this year.

I wish you one enemy who is dumb enough to show his hand, stupid enough to keep coming after you, and powerless enough to never be able to actually bring you harm.

Good enemies keep you on your toes.

I wish you prompt waitresses, cordial bartenders, honest valets, courteous and merciful cops, fair judges, good mayors, better governors, representatives of integrity, and a President with a world view based on the world.

I wish your sports team victory, until they come up against mine. Then I wish their utter defeat and humiliation—injury free to all, with a handshake at the end.

I wish you the kind of love you deserve.

I wish you safety, and good health, and meaning to your existence.

There’s a word that has come into my vernacular this year, and I wish it to you in full measure.

THRIVE.

Happy New Year.

--Stew.

***(Now that I realize some people can't "see" the image that accompanies this post, a bit of explanation may be in order. This is an artist's illustration of Father Time.)***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stew's Number