30 August 2006

Happy


I want you to know that I am happy.Not particularly at this moment, but generally speaking I’m a happy man. I am satisfied with where my life has taken me, what I’ve seen, and what fate has allowed me to experience.It doesn’t often come out in my writing, because I express my happiness in other ways. They seem to all be private. For better or worse, my happiness is usually exhibited in things I observe. I read happy books, I listen to happy songs, I think a LOT of happy thoughts, and occasionally throw my head back and laugh out of sheer glee. I tell jokes, and tease my co-workers mercilessly. They tease me back, and some days, we even get a lot of work done. I can't explain it, but for some reason the things I create don’t usually tap that part of who I am. I sing sad songs, I write dark prose about ugly places. But for some reason I want you to know that these things are just a "part" of me. There are plenty of happy blogs, I read lots of them and enjoy them. I want you to know that I am happy.I hope you are happy too. :-)--Stew.
(29 August 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stew's Number